Thursday, April 7, 2011

MT Firefighters Face Layoffs

From KAJ News:
The local union was notified by Kalispell City Manager Jane Howington that seven Kalispell firefighters are facing layoffs, with Howington saying that the city budget is too tight for them to keep the jobs.

The union held a press conference on Wednesday in response to the announcement and some of those firefighters spoke about the possibility of losing their jobs.

"I'm a second generation firefighter, I've made Kalispell my home, this affects me, my way of living, how I provide for myself," aaid Kalispell firefighter Soren Koetter.

"What's going through my head today, what am I gonna do on May 15 when that day comes," added Jeremy Grady a Kalispell firefighter. "Just trying to figure out my options and provide for my family, my baby and wife, and just see what I can do down the road. Hopefully the union and the city reach a compromise."

Read more HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment