Monday, April 25, 2011

Reno (NV) Firefighter Saves Man from Motel Room Fire

A man is recovering from injuries sustained in a motel room fire that happened over the weekend.

Saturday morning, Reno firefighters responded to an activated fire alarm at the Lakemill Lodge located at 200 Mill Street.

"During investigation, the crew from Engine 1 located a small room and contents fire that was heavily charged with smoke and flames present,” advised Battalion Chief Tim Spencer. “After immediately making entry, Captain Lenon of Engine 1 found an elderly male occupant on the floor of the room and quickly pulled the man to safety.”

As a result of the fire, the elderly male received third degree burns and was transported to a local hospital. His condition at this time is unknown.

Read more HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment