Nine firefighters and four residents were injured Sunday morning in a fire in an apartment house in Reading, fire officials said.
The fire started about 10 a.m. on the second floor of the building at 245 S. 10th St. and quickly spread to the second floor of the adjoining apartment building at 243 S. 10th, Deputy Fire Chief Ron E. Wentzel Jr. said.
A total of 16 residents were displaced, officials said.
Four third-floor residents of the building at 245 S. 10th were taken by ambulance to Reading Hospital, where they were treated for smoke inhalation, Wentzel said.
At least one of the victims is an infant, he said.
Eight firefighters were treated at the scene for heat exhaustion, and one firefighter was treated for burns to his hands and wrists, Wentzel said.
Read more HERE.